- Ref: GS/PRS
We are looking to recruit a Communications professional with exposure and understanding of public affairs and a good working knowledge of what works well to achieve national press coverage. The successful candidate will be expected to build and help others in the team to build effective relationships with relevant media outlets to help maximise engagement opportunities for our clients. The role involves working closely with our clients to amplify their messaging, focusing on delivering proactive and reactive engagement strategies that reach everyone from political and business audiences to consumers.
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands (With hybrid working)
Salary: £31,000 - £41,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits package
PR Specialist Duties:
- Identifying and monitoring key developments across the press, industry and policy landscape
- Devising and delivering proactive and reactive engagement strategies
- Drafting a range of media materials, including press releases, briefings and op-eds
- Ghostwriting thought leadership content for senior industry figures
- Building a relevant media network to maximise high-impact media coverage for clients, particularly within national print, online and broadcast media
- Measuring and reporting on content coverage and engagement
- Supporting the development and distribution of digital marketing materials
- Pitching content to media on behalf of clients and securing interest by national media outlets and industry magazines
- Expanding our clients influence and position within the low carbon debate
- Contributing to campaign planning
- Overseeing social media campaigns for clients
PR Specialist Requirements:
- A current PR Specialist/Media Professional (or equivalent) with experience engaging national media. Experience of dealing with public affairs and/or the low carbon space would be an advantage.
- Experience supporting campaigns and content development with competing deadlines, with evidence of delivering engagement
- A strong understanding of PR activities, with a track record building effective relationships with media
- A professional attitude and genuine interest in the development of a low carbon economy
- Strong planning and organisation skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and workloads
- The ability to comprehend and communicate complex, technical content into impactful narratives for non-technical audiences
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills and experience writing content including press releases and op-eds
- Creative design experience would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Experience of dealing with budgets or managing accounts
- Experience of or interest in coaching and developing junior members of staff
PR Specialist Benefits:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
About the Company:
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce's diverse range of experience, skills and personalities - each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees' value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you think you are suitable for the PR Specialist - Low Carbon role then please, apply now using your CV and Cover Letter!