Senior Quality Engineer
- Ref: KE/SQE
Due to growth an opportunity has arisen for an experienced technically qualified Senior Quality Engineer to join the QC team in Leicester! Kaby is a long-established and one of UK largest sub-contract providers of machined and fabricated components to a wide range of industries, particularly for earth moving machinery supplying both home and export markets.
Your main responsibility will be driving the Quality strategy, policies, processes standards and systems for the Company and its supply chain, which may include auditing to ensure compliance. Regulate, control and improve the quality of all processes throughout the business.
Manage the audit program to ensure all nonconformities raised by external/internal audits are effectively corrected and independently verified. Embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout the company and lead the team to achieve quality management system targets for both customers and business goals.
Senior Quality Engineer (Engineering) Duties:
- Conduct 8D investigations
- Update quality documentation and communicate lessons learned
- Communicate professionally with Customers regarding concessions, returns, 8D’s etc.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so each employee is aware
- Highlight new systems and procedures required, where appropriate
- Undertake regular internal and process audits of the QMS
- Ensure corrective actions are undertaken to address non conformities found
- Attend various meetings and communication actions to quality department
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Communicate with personnel at all levels, internally and externally to the Company, in relation to Quality matters
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Ensure the department operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record appropriate systems
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll these out to ensure each team member understands the standards and behaviours expected of them
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
Senior Quality Engineer (Engineering) Requirements:
- Detailed understanding of ISO14001 / ISO 9001 / OHAS 18001
- Experience in Quality Management System and Managing Audit Programmes
- Significant experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal skills including: written, verbal, organisational and presentation skills
- Competent problem solver, team builder, planner and decision maker
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing skills desirable
If you think you are suitable for the Senior Quality Engineer (Engineering) role then please, apply now!
Senior Quality Engineer
£28,000 - £30,000/annum
30 days paid holiday + Dental insurance
11 months ago
020 2358 884